Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Over Did It

Sunday, after services, our adult Sunday school classes held a picnic at the local lake. Things seemed ok until I walked up a hill, I could feel issues with my heart starting; but ignored them as going down was not a problem, and I thought I’d rest at the bottom.

However, my hubby wanted to go canoeing, something we both enjoy and seemed relaxing enough. Wrong! Within two paddle strokes I knew I couldn’t do it. It was so frustrating to just sit there. I kept mentally telling myself just to enjoy the beautiful ride; but it was so hard not to get bitter over the loss of the ability to do normal, everyday things.

Hours latter, I was still having issue with my heart so I took my pulse, it wasn’t in the critical zone as defined by my doctor, but I was curious as to what a normal pulse generally is. I searched “pulse” on the Internet and that led to me finding this great article about what atrial fibrillation is, its causes, and its treatments.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/heart-disease-atrial-fibrillation-basics

Note: Over-doing-it inevitably caused me to be up until about 4 AM between my heart and the medication’s side effect of insomnia, resulting in me being a complete zombie on Monday. So, why am I still up? Well, here’s the toughie – because I felt fine this AM and we had a lot to do … anyhow, trying not to completely relive the results of Sunday, I laid down around 9:30 – only to have my cell phone ring right after 10 with a wrong number. Causing me to jump, my heart to race, and this amazingly boring post – but hey, we don’t want anything too exciting because I have a heart condition.

No comments: