Thursday, April 10, 2008

Coming to Terms with Atrial Fibrillation

Well, it is amazing what a stress relief writing things down is, as the Psalmist and the author of A Dusty Frame well knew/know.

Also, two hours of sleep, Son-light and sunshine, and a reasonable husband all help too!

My hubby reminded me that I still am getting better – this med is just to ensure that no damage is caused during that recovery, more than likely in time I’ll be off of this medicine too. He also, reminded me that my body should get use to any side effects in the short term. Plus, I was thinking I might not mind the side effect of suppressed appetite (see 3rd reason for this blog name LOL).

Not focusing on oneself in the wee hours of the night, but remembering all we have to be grateful for is also extremely helpful – so with a cue from “ourquiverfull”, here is my thankful list.

  • My hubby – thanks Mom and Dad, he’s perfect for me!
  • My children and the fact that they are healthy – we’re still praying for you Noah, Kate, and Abby!
  • My family – even through sad circumstances God works; and now my folks are here to help with the boys for the 1st few days of this medicine adjustment
  • I found out how to remove the electrode patches without ripping my skin and only 6 more days to go with the monitor
  • My dad doesn’t have prostate cancer
  • My father in-law is recovering so well he has amazed his doctors – prayer is so awesome! Please, continue to pray for a new job.
  • All my wonderful neighbors – yesterday, I found out that one of my neighbors is a volunteer fire fighter, trained in the use of an emergency fibrillator – how convenient is that?
  • I turning 38 this Saturday and not 40 like my sister did last month – now 40 is old, I’m still a spring chicken LOL (my sister who is far away reads this so I have to tease her some how …)
  • Our nation – and those that sacrifice to have made and keep it free. We deeply appreciate your sacrifice and our freedoms of religion and education which it protects
  • While talking with my neighbor yesterday the cat we are watching for a month didn’t escape, even though the door had blown open and went un-noticed for some time – more about “A Month with a Cat” on my school blog towards the end of this month.
  • Blog readers that forgive extremely sleepy writer’s lack of grammar and coherence

    http://adustyframe.com/
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ourquiverfull/
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SMILEacademy/

1 comment:

A Dusty Frame said...

Thank you for linking to me.
I enjoyed your blessing list. Looking at the positives often helps very much.

((hugs))
Lizzie