Sunday, March 1, 2009

Praising the Lord

I know I haven’t posted for some time and I need to give a health update, however last week was extremely rough, as far as, the heart issue is concerned; and I don’t want to do that today. I love the thought of publicly thanking the Lord and want to do so again by participating in “Works of God Weekend” so here goes:



1. Our heater broke last Friday and not this weekend.

  • We have a fireplace.
  • We were able to purchase wood.
  • We were able to haul the wood.

  • We have sleeping bags and warm clothes.

2. Although, the part of the heater that burn up a bit was in the attic, producing a fowl odor and some smoke, our insulation and therefore the house did not catch on fire.

3. A member of our church does repairs for a living, so we were able to have the heater fixed Monday and we know we will be paying a fair price and that it has been fixed properly.

4. One of the reasons I have not been posting is because I have received a few Internet jobs and they take all of my extra energy – so this praise is threefold:

  • First, I received the jobs and with much prayer, I have been able to do the work.
  • Second, I received a payment this week (providential timing!)
  • Third, the laptop on which I work would not reboot (containing the final version of the assignment) – after prayer it did! I transferred to our main computer (which doesn’t always work either) and was able to send the job in.

5. Our eldest has received a few computer games as gifts over the last few years and various computer issues have made it so he could no longer play his games on the weekend, his daddy contacted the customer service and through trial and error has managed to get the games working again!

6. Family and friends!

  • Nana decided to buy DS6 several hats and gloves even though the daffodils had started blooming
  • Our neighbor brought DS12 two wonderfully warm jackets over on Friday.

7. Even though we had tornado warnings all of yesterday, DS6 was able to participate in his last basketball game without any migraine medication!

8. We don’t have to worry about Global Warming – it’s SNOWING in Georgia!

9. It’s snowing in Georgia! DS12 and his daddy have been missing snow for so long, while DS6 has heard all the stories and seen a flake here or there, that when we heard there was a chance we’ve all been praying!


10. Georgia Snow Boots: To make your own – Place your foot in one or two plastic bags and tie somewhat tightly. Then slide into a “Croc” style shoe with the strap down in the back position. Whala a truly redneck but functional boot (sort of, but it worked for us).


1 comment:

A Dusty Frame said...

Wow!:) tons of blessings!
Thank you for participating. I had to chuckle at the boots;)!