Monday, March 12, 2012

Update

The treatments are going well, albeit far from fun or over they are helping in cognitive abilities and energy. Family and friends have once again surrounded me with love and help and I'm to the point that I can normally drive myself and YDS is comfortable with his sitter and hoping to learn how to ride horses (no separation anxiety for him!).

Depending on testing results (tests taken after every 5th treatment) and other issues, I expect to be done late October or early November if I'm able to go 2x a week during the summer.

An additional prayer concern is that it appears I had a minor (extremely minor) stroke on Sunday. As I am ok today except for my normal heart issues and some heartburn I have been squeezed in at the Cardiologists for this Thursday. However, Progressive Medical thought a chelation would stress my body to far and decided to skip that for this week, they did give me some more vitamins and licorice to bolster my adrenals and general health via IV (very short, ODS was surprised I got home so soon.)

The boys have not been told about the stroke and as they don't read this and there is nothing they can do about it I don't plan to tell them... so please don't expect a lot of phone talking -- if you have more questions than I've answered here please email me and I'll respond when I can (after Thurs. I'd have more answers maybe -- all though PMC said the cause can often be elusive and wants me to start monitoring my sugars again as a crash might be to blame as well as my heart/syncope issues).

In school they taught us to begin and end letters on a positive so... my ear infections are almost completely cleared up, ODS took second at district 4H DPA for photography and had a successful fundraiser for his Eagle Scout project (Thanks Elam Baptist!) this weekend.

FYI for Nana!
YDS = Youngest Dear Son
ODS = Oldest Dear Son

No comments: